How to build a Sales Machine
Putting in a dollar to get out 3, 4 or 5
Congratulations - if you’re here it means that you’re taking steps to grow your business and solve problems … even if you’re not quite sure what those problems are.
After 16 years of building websites for all types of businesses - we see businesses struggle with what to do with their brand spanking new website once it launches. You know content is important, so you diligently write blog posts. You send out some email newsletters. But nothing seems to move the needle. You get that nagging feeling - shouldn’t our website be doing more for us?
Here’s the interesting bit: regardless of industry or type (B2B or B2C, associations, etc.), our clients all have the same problems:
- They aren’t converting enough visitors into leads and sales.
- They don’t have a conversion strategy in place for their audiences
- Once we fix their positioning and messaging and start to turn on the tap to more leads, they don't have a handle on who has done what on their site, who’s hot right now, and a repeatable, efficient process to nurture that prospect along through the buying cycle based on their interests.
This is the big challenge. And it’s not solved with a tool - although the right tools are a part of the solution - it’s solved with strategy and a system. And once that system is in place you’ve got yourself a selling machine.
Can you answer these questions?
- How many leads per day/week/month do you generate?
- Who are your hot leads this week? What is the value of your leads in your pipeline?
- How are you targeting those leads right now and moving them toward the goal line?
- How are you welcoming brand new visitors into your fold?
- Do you have a process to generate, track, nurture and convert leads to sales?
- Do you have a process to turn customers into repeat customers?
...and finally, what is a lead?
I’m asking you that final question because a lead is something as simple as an email address.
Email is the secret lying in plain sight.
It’s what you do with it that email that will separate your business from your competitors. I’m almost certain that if you follow through with what I’m going to share with you, you’ll be generating more leads and making more sales. Because 98% of all businesses are not taking advantage of the secret.
Go from stressing and guessing to knowing and growing.
Wouldn’t it be great if you could just print money? I can’t help you with that but what if I told you you could build a sales machine - one that converts visitors to online sales or visitors into silver-platter leads for your sales team to close?
It’s actually pretty straight-forward. Here’s what your machine looks like:
- Content that converts is persuasive, helpful and on point with your visitors’ interests. Anytime you can trade valuable and useful information in exchange for an email address, you've converted a visitor to a lead. And if you're selling a product online, you've converted a visitor into a customer who is more likely to buy something else from you. (Video 2 in our new course explains the types of content you can’t live without and the tool you need to capture those sign-ups).
- The machinery itself: This is where your leads live. And with a little forethought, your leads will build their own profiles - individual profiles - about what interests them and what doesn’t so that you can…
- Serve up just the right personalized messages and offers at just the right time based on their interests and actions. This is automation. It puts your marketing on autopilot.
Automation increases leads generated on average by 50% according to Forrester Research.
In our experience, we’ve been able to 5x the lead generated for our Game Plan clients.
The really exciting part is that the process works for any business. It’s not just for startups or eCommerce or for-profit businesses. It works for companies with a long lead-to-sale cycle, it works for associations needing to sell memberships, it works for companies selling services and it works for companies selling products online (and reselling and cross selling).
And once you understand the elements of your selling machine, not only will you start to generate more leads and turn more leads into sales, but you’ll also start coming up with new offers and new products - even if you think you only have one product to sell now.
That’s why I hope you get our FREE Get Unstuck 5-part video course (at the bottom of this page) where we outline the Sales Machine and the elements that get your engine revving and the fuel that keeps it going… even while you’re at dinner with friends. Sweet!
When your website begins to reliably generate X leads per day, per week and per month and your sales team converts X% to sales, then we know the value of a lead.
Once your machine is humming along (your content is optimized for conversions, your leads are being tagged, stored and scored, and your prospects are being automatically nurtured based on their actions on your site), now we can smartly invest in social media campaigns, Facebook advertising and/or Adwords strategy and as long as that traffic converts to leads and leads into sales at a profit, we will always feed the dollar into the machine.
So the takeaway is this:
- You need the right conversion-generating content in exchange for an email.
- A system to store, score and collect intel on your new prospects (mind blowing)
- Recipes to feed great follow up content to the right person at the right time to produce silver platter leads for sales and...
- A strategy to build traffic to your site to leverage your lead machine.
We can help you with this. All of it. Here's a great first step. Our new FREE video course is introduce you the fundamentals. It will be available in the next couple of weeks. Sign up and you'll be on your way to taking control of your marketing.